What is TJ Maxx credit card?
TJ maxx credit card is the credit card used specially for
TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods and Sierra stores in order to get 5% cash back.
The cash back is not really a cash back because it does not allow you to redeem cash instead you have to purchase the item from one of the linked store i.e TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods or Sierra Store for using the reward point which you have earned while purchasing from he card.
Why use a TJ Maxx credit card?
As we all know in US if you want to earn max discount on your purchase then you must use credit card and TJ Maxx credit card will give you 5% cash back on every purchase you made from its partner store and i think 5% discount is huge and strong reason to use TJ Maxx credit card.
One more reason to use this card is it does not contain any annual renewal fee for using so you can say credit from this card is free if you are paying your bills in time and on Full.
Pros and Cons of having TJ Maxx credit card
Now we are giving some Pros and Cons which will clear your vision and help you to take a decision to go with TJ Maxx credit card or choose other card.
- The best discount rate on your purchase i.e 5% on Every purchase
- No annual fee.
- Also 1% discount on non-TJ Maxx purchase. (If you are having TJ Maxx Platinum Mastercard).
- Coupon for 10% off on your first purchase only at a TJX store.
- Best Card only if you are frequent Buyer or shopper
- Reward points are not actual cash back because you have to make purchase in order to redeem the reward point.
- 5% discount is only available on TJ Maxx partner stores.
- Only 1% discount on non-TJ Maxx purchases.
- Not acceptable Globally if you are having TJ Maxx credit card and not having TJ Maxx Platinum MasterCard.
- For having 1% discount on other store you must have TJ Maxx Platinum Mastercard.
For what type of people TJ Maxx credit card is recommended?
- If you are frequent Shopper and more than 90% of the time you buy with same store then this credit card is for you.
- If you don’t want to pay any annual fee of credit card then this credit card is for you.
- 3. If you don’t need to use your credit card anywhere except for shopping then this credit card is for you.
Types of credit card?
There are mainly two type of card and they are:-
- TJ Maxx credit card
- TJ Maxx Platinum Mastercard
Difference between TJ Maxx credit card and TJ Maxx Platinum Mastercard
The key difference between these two card is Platinum mastercard is globally accepted while other one is for using only on TJ Maxx parter stores.
Also Mastercard will give you 1% discount on non-TJ Maxx purchase.
The partner store of TJ Maxx
The partner store are stores where you can shop with TJ Maxx credit card to get 5% cash back.
Some of the stores are:
The above stores are for united States now for Canada are:-
- Puerto Rico
other credit card
Other popular cards are:
- chase Freedom
- Citi Double cbonus cash Card
- Capital One Quicksilver cash rewards credit card
Chase freedom is also one of the best credit cards in the US because it offer 5% discount on non-TJ Maxx purchase but only upto $1500
in combined purchases in quarterly bonus categories so no doubt it is offering 5% discount on non TJ Maxx Purchase but with few conditions.
Also you have to activate the bonus categories every quarter in order to avail 5% cashback.
Citi® Double Cash Card
If you don’t want to take headache of regularly watching the conditions of credit card so that you meet all conditions and earn cash back then Citi Double cash card is for you because it will give you flat 2% cash back on every purchase without any limit.
You will get 1% cash back as soon as you make the purchase and another 1% as soon as you make the payment of your bills.
Capital One Quicksilver cash rewards credit card
This card is also best because it will give you flat 1.5% cashback on every purchase you made without any limit also you will get some additional benefits on no foreign transaction fees.
I am going to divide the scenario in few cases lets look at one by one
1. You are a frequent shopper and shopping at various stores including TJ Maxx partner stores and non-TJ Maxx stores both
In this situation, you can have TJ Maxx Platinum MasterCard or Chase Freedom credit card and reason of selecting both these cards is both is giving 5% cash back on purchase with some limits like TJ Maxx is giving only 1% cashback on non-TJ Maxx purchase and Chase freedom is giving discount only upto $1500 and having an annual fee.
There is one point to note that is you must have TJ Maxx platinum MasterCard and not TJ Maxx credit card in this situation but the problem is you do not have any control while applying for TJ Maxx card because you will get the platinum card only if you have good credit score otherwise you will get Normal Credit card of TJ Maxx which can be only used at his partner stores.
2. You are frequent shopper and you like or don’t have any problem to shop with some selected stores only:-
TJ Maxx credit card is best in this case because you are not going to pay any annual fee and you will earn 5% cashback every time you make a purchase without any limits.
Please note that this card is beneficial only if you re paying your bills on time because if you Cary forward your balance to next month then you have to pay a big pie for interest because this card has high interest on balance amount.
3. You shop less but you shop with different stores with different category:-
In this case Citi Double Cash card is best because it will give you flat 2% cash back on every purchase you made. 1% for making purchase and 1% for paying bills.
If you want to invest in Stock market but frustrated in selecting which stock to buy then please invest in growth stocks and India has full of growth stocks because India is in growing phase. If you like this article then I am sure you also like my other articles please see this and this and this